Conditions of use
The site (“Site”) will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Quebec. All disputes, controversies, or claims arising out of or in connection with the Site shall be submitted to and be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the province of Quebec. Thus, in the event of any suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or in connection with this site, the courts of the province of Quebec will have exclusive jurisdiction.
Information from the Site is intended for use in Canada only, in provinces where Desjardins offers the school caisse program.
1. Description of Site
The Site is intended for adults, except for the Kid zone, which is for children 6 to 13 years of age. It provides general information on the school caisse, how it works and the advantages it offers the children and teachers who participate in the program. It also provides specific information about the participating schools and school caisse activities. It lets you communicate with the participating caisse’s school caisse representative and enrol a child for the school caisse program or enter the various related contests.
You alone are responsible for paying the costs associated with use of the Site, such as Internet connection charges or fees charged for connecting to networks that provide access to Internet content. As well, you are responsible for acquiring any equipment needed for such connections.
2. User identification
You are not required to identify yourself when making use of the Site.
3. Protection of personal information
Desjardins is keenly aware of the need to protect your security and privacy, particularly in regard to any information you provide to Desjardins while making use of the service (“Service”).
Please refer to the site's Confidenciality Policy for details.
4. Protection of children
Desjardins is concerned about protecting children who use the Site.
We invite parents to monitor their children's Internet usage and to bear in mind that the services provided via the Desjardins site are designed to appeal to a broad audience. Therefore, as the legal guardians of their children, parents are responsible for determining which services may or may not be appropriate for their children and monitoring their use in this regard.
5. Restrictions on use of content
It is prohibited to reproduce by any means whatsoever the information, data, text, software, music, sounds, photos, images, videos, communications and other materials (collectively "Content") included with the Service.
More specifically, it is prohibited to:
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate content transmitted through the Service
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that contains computer viruses or other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any software, computer, application or telecommunications equipment (this list may include other elements without limitation)
- interfere with, disrupt, or make abusive use of the Service, or servers or networks connected to the Service, or refuse to comply with any requirements, procedures, general regulations or regulatory provisions applicable to networks connected to the Service
- infringe, whether intentionally or not, any existing national or international laws or regulations, or without limitation, any regulations adopted by the Quebec securities commission (CVMQ), the Montreal and Toronto stock exchanges, FTSE, NIKKEI, Dow Jones and Nasdaq, or any other rules or regulations with force of law
- collect and store personal information relating to other users
- sell, resell or operate on any commercial basis whatsoever any portion of the Service or any use of the Service or access privileges associated with the Service
6. Links to other websites
The Service or third parties may include links to other websites or other Internet sources. Since it has no control over these outside sites and sources, Desjardins is not responsible for their availability, nor can it assume any responsibility for the content, links, advertising, products, services or other materials made available by or through such external sites or sources. Furthermore, Desjardins is not liable for any loss or damage, caused or allegedly caused by, or arising in connection with, the use of or reliance on Content, products and services made available on these outside sites or sources.
Consequently, it is up to you to exercise discretion in your use of such Content. Likewise, you are responsible for assuming all inherent risks, particularly when you rely on the timeliness, usefulness or completeness of the content made available on or through the sites or sources referred to by the schoolcaisse.com website.
Links leading to software download sites are provided for your convenience; Desjardins is not liable for any difficulty arising from the download of any such software applications.
Links to other sites do not indicate that these outside sites endorse Desjardins or its products and services
7. Changes made to the Service
Desjardins reserves the right at any time to change, temporarily suspend or terminate the Site in whole or in part without informing you in advance. In no event will Desjardins be liable to you or to any third party for a modification, suspension or termination of the Site.
8. Desjardins and intellectual property
The Site and any software or applications used in connection with the Service ("Software and Applications") may contain confidential information protected by existing intellectual property laws or other legislation.
Content included on the site or in advertising and information made available to you as part of the Site, or presented by merchants in connection with the Sitee, are protected by the laws applicable to copyright, trademarks and patents and by any other rights set forth in existing legislation, and are the intellectual property of Desjardins, its licensors or the person recognized as the Content supplier.
The Site is protected by copyright legislation as a collective work or compilation as defined in Canadian and foreign laws.
Except as expressly authorized by Desjardins or by a merchant, it is strictly prohibited to:
- copy, alter, rent, borrow, sell, distribute or create derivative works based in whole or in part on the Content, the Site or related Software and Applications
- reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to locate the source code (except as provided for by law) or to sell, assign, sub-license or transfer in any way the rights attached to the Software and Applications
- modify the Content or the Software and Applications in any way or to use modified versions of the Software and Applications in order to gain unauthorized access to the Site or for other purposes not limited to this
- access the Site by any means other than the interface provided to you by Desjardins for this purpose
Desjardins does not warrant that:
- defects in the Software and Applications, if any, will be rectified
- you alone will be responsible for any damage sustained by your computer or any loss of data that may result when downloading material
10. Copyrights and trademarks
All information on this website is protected by copyright. Users may only copy its contents for their own personal use. No one may redistribute, reproduce, republish, store in any medium, retransmit, or modify the information on this website for commercial purposes without the written authorization of Desjardins, or make public use thereof without crediting the source.
All trademarks and logos (including certain names, words, titles, drawings, illustrations and icons) appearing on the site are trademarks or registered trademarks of Desjardins or third parties. Any use of these trademarks is strictly forbidden without the owner's written authorization. Any unauthorized downloading, retransmission, or other copying or modification of trademarks and/or site content may be a violation of federal or other laws applying to trademarks and/or copyrights and could subject the copier to legal action.