Personal information obtained through schoolcaisse.com is strictly confidential. The only employees with access to such personal information are those authorized to process inquiries or requests that concern the information provided. Except where required to provide a service you signed up for or to give effect to a court order, personal information will never be made public, sold, or disclosed to third parties without your consent.
Why do we collect personal information on schoolcaisse.com?
The personal information we obtain about you via schoolcaisse.com is used to process online requests you submit to us or for the administration of contests you entered.
Links to third party websites
For your convenience, schoolcaisse.com provides links to the sites of third parties or parts of their sites. However, Desjardins has no control over the content or operation of these sites, nor does it control the confidentiality or privacy practices of the site operators. Consequently, any personal information you submit through such sites is governed by the privacy policies of the sites in question. It is therefore your responsibility to find out about their policies in order to protect information that concerns you
It's possible that Desjardins contacts you by email or other. However, the email will never ask for personal or confidential information, and there will be no links redirecting you to a transactional site
Desjardins enforces various rules to protect your personal information:
- We do not divulge any information concerning you without your consent.
- Desjardins employees cannot ask for personal information over the phone, including debit card numbers, birth dates and social insurance numbers, except during the usual authentication procedure when members contact us.
When you go to a page on our site directly or by way of an ad, cookie files are automatically stored on your computer. Our Web analysis tool (Google Analytics) and possibly external ad servers have access to cookies, giving you a better browsing experience on our site and, in some cases, tracking your activity to promote certain products. Though a code in a cookie identifies you as an individual consumer, it does not recognize your name or address. Cookies are not used to collect personal information. Statistical information may be collected to determine for example, the popularity of certain pages, average number of pages viewed or average time spent on our site by each user. It is also possible that cookies trigger Desjardins Group advertisements on external websites you visit on your device.
We use 2 types of cookies:
- Session cookies are stored in the computer's memory for the duration of your session and then deleted from your computer. They are used to identify you and deleted when you log off the transaction site.
Google will use the information collected to:
- analyze your use of the Sites and Applications
- compile reports on Site and Application activity
- provide other services related to Site and Application activity as well as Internet use
DoubleClick is a cookie that Google Analytics uses to collect anonymous information. Google Analytics' Advertising Features on sites that use DoubleClick include:
- Remarketing using Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- DoubleClick platform integrations and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
- Floodlight Integration, a Doubleclick feature that enables marketing agencies hired by Desjardins to gauge Desjardins.com user activity after seeing or clicking on their ads. Floodlight is used for reports and ad optimization.
Learn more about the technology and how to opt out of interest-based ads - External link. This link will open in a new window.
Google Analytics uses the User ID feature on the Sites and Applications. The feature makes it possible to associate information regarding relationships between various computer tools and several sessions with unique identifiers. Each User ID represents an individual anonymous user in Google Analytics.
When browsing, you can deactivate Google Analytics and/or DoubleClick by selecting the appropriate browser or computer tool parameters, advertising parameters, mobile advertisement parameters or other, notably the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
By using the Sites or Applications, you expressly agree to allow Google to process personal data under the conditions and for the purposes outlined above.